OC Home

Student Services Extension Centers Faculty & Staff Community
Adult Basic Education Driver’s Ed Truck Driving CE Extension Sites

Continuing Education FAQ's

How do I register for Continuing Education classes?

Click here for registration information.

Are there any special requirements?

While college admission is not required, some CE classes do have special requirements, and therefore, you must register in person. These classes include many of the Health Careers classes, Commercial Truck Driving, and Drivers Education.

How do I pay for classes?

Payment is due upon registration. If payment is not received within 24 hours after registration, your registration may be purged. Walk-in registrants may pay in person with cash, check or credit card. Those who register by phone may use a credit card or check. Students who fax or email their registration should include credit card payment information on the form.

If you register online, you will be prompted to pay with a credit card during the registration process. If you choose not to pay at this time, your registration will not be processed.

When should I register?

Registration for CE classes begins when classes are published in print or online. Registration continues up until the first day of the class or until the class fills. Early registration is encouraged as some classes fill quickly.

How are CE classes different than credit classes?

CE classes differ in four primary ways. First, while some classes may have some requirements to fulfill prior to registering, you do not have to apply to the college in order to enroll. Second, our classes start throughout the year, rather than at set times during a college semester. Third, our classes are generally fast-track, meaning that they are shorter in length in order to accommodate your schedule and your need for skills you can use immediately. Finally, you will not receive a grade for the class, but for classes that you successfully complete, you will receive a certificate of completion. For classes geared toward workforce development, you will be awarded Continuing Education Units (CEUs).

What is a CEU?

A CEU (Continuing Education Unit) is 10 contact hours of participation in an organized, non-credit continuing education experience. Therefore, one CEU is awarded for every 10 hours of training completed.

How am I notified if a class is cancelled?

There are two primary ways—by phone and by email. Therefore, it is very important that in filling out your registration form, you list a current phone number and an email that you check frequently.

What about a refund for a class that cancels or that I do not attend?

For classes cancelled by the college, the college will refund 100 percent. To receive a refund for classes you do not attend, you must submit a Drop Form prior to the class starting. For withdrawals, the college will refund 100 percent if the Drop Form is received three or more business days prior to class start. Additionally, for classes meeting 65 hours or more, the college will refund 75 percent if the Drop Form is received less than three business days prior to class start and prior to the 3rd class meeting. No refunds will be given thereafter.

What if there is inclement weather?

In the event of inclement weather, visit the Odessa College website at for closure information.

What about parking?

When you register, you will receive a temporary parking pass. You can pick it up in the Continuing Education Office.




Odessa College · 201 W. University · Odessa, TX 79764 · 432-335-6400
The contents of this website are Copyright © by Odessa College · An Equal Opportunity College · All Rights Reserved
If you have questions or comments please contact