MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Marketing and Communications Department is the media and public relations channel of Odessa College, disseminating information that reflects and supports OC’s stated mission goal, collective philosophy and on-going efforts to be the best community college in the nation. Marketing and Communications personnel are committed to providing timely, accurate and consistent information to both internal and external audiences, in order to build positive and effective relationships with our community, with OC faculty, staff and students, and with the media. The Marketing and Communications Department’s daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and coordinating news releases, news conferences, media interviews and requests for media coverage.
- Designing and producing academic publications and collateral marketing, advertising and/or promotional materials for the various departments and divisions on campus.
- Producing and editing the necessary photographic images or video content required by the various print, electronic or online/social media marketing and communications efforts.
- Designing, producing and editing radio and television commercials containing marketing and/or promotional messages for distribution on local electronic mass media.
- Designing, developing, posting and overseeing content on the Odessa College website and social media sites.
All media contacts and/or requests for information, interviews, statements or comments are handled by the Media Relations Office of the Marketing and Communications Department. OC administration, faculty, staff or students who are contacted by the media should refer the individual(s) initiating the contact to the Media Relations Office by phone at 432.335.6416 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This policy is not intended to restrict or impede media access, but rather to enhance the quality of media access and communications by:
• preventing confusion regarding media contact procedures and priorities
• avoiding the possible dissemination of inaccurate or prematurely released information
• facilitating scheduling of media contacts with the best possible source(s) of information
•minimizing distractions that might impact OC students' learning processes
• preserving the privacy of our students (many of whom are minors, such as our high school dual credit students and the 9th grade students who will be on campus all day starting in 2015, as the inaugural freshman class of the Odessa Career Technical Early College High School (OC TECHS).
Odessa College makes every effort both to respond to the requests of media representatives in a timely manner and to provide reasonable access to Odessa College faculty and staff. We strive to maintain open, candid and professional communications with our media partners, remaining always mindful of the best interests of the community we serve and of which we are so proud to be a part.