This program gives new drivers the essential tools to meet the challenges of driving with guidance from professional driving instructors as well as classroom instruction.
Driver Education Class Information:
- Classroom Instruction: Monday to Friday 5–7 p.m. or 7–9 p.m.
- Drive time will be scheduled at registration
- Classes for ages 15 to 17
- Tuition $396
- The cancellation policy of Odessa College Continuing Education Driver
Education Program is as follows:
- For classes/programs cancelled by the college: 100 percent refund will be issued.
- For withdrawals: 100 percent of tuition will be refunded if the Drop Form is received up to three or more business days prior to class start. The Drop Form must be delivered to the Odessa College Continuing Education office by a parent or guardian. No refund will be given for withdrawals within three business days of the class start date.
Please call: 432.335.6580 for more information.
Vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death for people between the ages of 15-17. Inexperience, distractions, peer pressure, speeding, alcohol and drugs are all key factors. The Odessa College Driver Education program will give new student drivers the essential tools to make their driving habits a positive and influential experience. Students will receive instruction on how to take control of situations by taking responsibility for their own driving behavior. Young drivers will develop effective strategies that will keep them safer on the road.
32 Hours of Classroom Instruction
- Emphasis on safety and driver responsibility, road rage and drunk driving
- Daily reading assignments and quizzes, group discussions, role-playing, lectures, realistic videos of accident and driving situations.
14 Hours In-car Instruction
- 7 hours driving and 7 hours observation
- Parent or guardian is responsible for 20 hours of instruction. 10 hours of the behind-the-wheel instruction must be during the day and the additional 10 hours must be at night.
- The in-car training is scheduled on a first come, first serve basis.
- Click here to see the CE Schedule for more info.
Please review the Policies Below and fill out the Cell Phone & Dress Code form.
Driver's Ed Cell Phone & Dress Code Policy
As of May 1, 2010, TEA (Texas Education Agency), increased the total hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction for 15-17 year old teens from 14 hours to 34 hours. The parent or guardian is responsible for the additional 20 hours of instruction. 10 hours of the behind-the-wheel instruction must be during the day and the additional 10 hours must be at night. DPS will verify the driving log when the teen goes to test for their driver’s license.
- Driver's Ed Parent Log Guide
- Driver's Ed Parent Log
As of March 1, 2010, TEA (Texas Education Agency), mandated that any driver license applicant between the age of 18 and 25 must take a six-hour driver education course. Individuals must take this 6 hour course to submit for a driver’s license.
More information may be found at www.txdps.state.tx.us
Adobe Reader is required to view the above document.