You may take the GED® test if:
- You are not enrolled in high school
- You have not graduated from high school
- You are at least 16 years old
- You meet state, provincial, or territorial requirements regarding age, residency, and the length of time since leaving school
If you are considering leaving high school, the GED Testing Service recommends that you first meet with your high school counselor to talk seriously about your decision and the level of academic skill needed to pass the GED® test.
How to register for the GED examination
Test candidates can register online or through the Pearson VUE call center at 1-877-EXAM-GED.
Create Your Account
- Start by visiting www.GED.com, click on Register Today
- Enter your legal name as it appears on your primary identification
- Remember that an email address will be required for this step! If you do not have an active email account you can create one FREE using GMAIL.
- Once your account is created, you’ll receive an account activation email with a registration code
*For more information about how to complete the registration process please click here.
How to Prepare
Preparation classes for the GED are offered at no charge through OC's Adult Basic Education program. Please call 432.335.6380 for more info.
You can also visit Test Study Guide - GED for free resources to help you study.
The GED® test score levels are:
(145-164) – Pass / High School Equivalency
Click here for sample test items at testprepreview.com