from outside the United States may attend Odessa College by meeting
regular admission standards, special admission requirements and
deadlines for international students. In addition, international
students must agree to comply with all international student regulations
in order to remain enrolled. In order to be considered for admission,
students must submit:
Odessa College International Application for Admission.
$50 (U.S. Currency) Non-refundable application fee - please pay with a cashier's check.
- A refundable deposit of $1,500 (US currency - please pay with a cashiers check.) to be held in escrow. The deposit will be returned during the last semester of the students study with OC.
- Copy(ies) of passport information (name, passport number, address, etc.)
- Official high school or college/university transcript(s). Transcripts must be translated into English. (Athletes must provide a high school and college/university transcripts if transferring.) Visit Foreign Credentials Service of America for an application.
- Official score report on the Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum
score of 525 on the paper test or 70 on the internet based test.
physician's statement showing proof of immunization against diphtheria and tetanus within
the last ten (10) years, a negative result on a tuberculosis test
and evidence of good physical and mental health.
- Financial statement showing proof of funds to cover $13,200 per calender year to cover educational and living expenses. International Students are not eligible for any financial aid through Odessa College Student Financial Services Office and not permitted to work for the first year of enrollment without special permission.
Student housing is available at our Century Commons located on campus grounds. The City of Odessa provides useful links including the EZ Rider (public transportation) routes and schedules.
of medical insurance prior to admission. Verification of medical insurance is required for each semester of enrollment.
All of the above material must be received in the OC Admissions Office by the following dates:
Applications received after the deadline date will be considered for admission for the next semester. International students who wish to transfer to Odessa College from another accredited U.S. college or university must have the Odessa College International Student SEVIS Transfer Form completed by the international advisor from the
previously attended institution prior to admission. International
students who are interested in online classes and are not planning
to come to the United States should contact admissions for requirements.
If you would like this information mailed to your home or if you have
questions please contact the Admissions Office.