Applicants from outside the United States may be admitted to Odessa College by meeting regular
admission requirements and deadlines set for receipt of materials for international students. International
students must agree to comply with all international student regulations to remain enrolled.
All of the above material must be received in the OC Admissions Office by the following dates:
|Deadlines for receipt of materials:
The following must be contained in the applicants file:
(Click here to download this checklist)
- Completed and signed International Application for Admission & Registration Survey.
- on-refundable application fee: $50 (US currency –please pay with a cashiers check).
- A deposit of $1,500 (US currency – please pay with a cashiers check) to be held in
escrow. The deposit will be returned during the last semester of the students study with
- Copy(ies) of passport information (name, passport number, address, etc.)
- Official high school transcript or college(s)/university(ies), if applicable. Transcripts must be translated into English. A list of Foreign Credential Evaluation services is
- Official score report on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a
minimum score of 525 on the paper test or 70 on the Internet based test. For testing
information visit: www.ets.org/toefl
physician's statement showing proof of immunizationagainst diphtheria and tetanus
within the last 10 years.
- BEGINNING SPRING 2014: All first time students under the age of 22 must have the
bacterial meningitis vaccination.
- A negative result on a tuberculosis test and evidence of good physical health.
- Financial statement showing proof of funds to cover $17,000 per calendar year to cover
educational and living expenses. Add $5,000 for each additional dependent.
International Students are not eligible for any financial aid through Odessa College
Student Financial Services Office.
- Proof of medical insurance including evacuation/repatriation. Verification is required for each semester of enrollment. The following are a few of many choices: Travel Insurance Services, International SOS, VISIT International Health Insurance Program.
Submit all documents together by either mailing to:
Office of Admissions, International
201 W. University
Odessa, Texas 79764
or, drop off documents in the Wrangler Express Center located on the first floor of the Saulsbury Campus Center.
Applications received after the deadline date will be considered for admission for the next semester. International students who wish to transfer to Odessa College from another accredited U.S. college or university must have the Odessa College International Student SEVIS Transfer Form completed by the international advisor from the
previously attended institution prior to admission. International
students who are interested in online classes and are not planning
to come to the United States should contact admissions for requirements.
If you would like this information mailed to your home or if you have
questions please contact the Admissions Office.
Student housing is available at our Century Commons located on campus grounds. The City of Odessa provides useful links including the EZ Rider (public transportation) routes and schedules.