The Fire Technology department will not accept any incomplete applications.
All applicants must meet the following prerequisites to be considered for acceptance into the Fire Academy program:
- High school graduation or a GED (High School students must meet TAKS and GPA requirements)
- All new and transfer students must complete the OC admissions application and gain acceptance to the college before applying to the program.
- Completion of the Odessa College Fire Academy Application Packet
- All applicants must pass a participation physical and be able to perform all tasks listed in the TCFP functional Job description.
- All applicants must maintain health Insurance for duration of Fire Academy and provide a copy of insurance card.
- All applicants must be accepted into the Fire Administration program before they are allowed to register for any Fire Academy courses.
Applying to the program
- All applicants must complete the Fire Academy Application at the Fire Technology Training Center office.
(Please contact us for special arrangements if you are unable to apply in person)
Program Specific Requirements
Fire Academy (Level 1 Certificate)
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age
( student cannot achieve actual certification until the age of 18 )
- All applicants must be able to complete the Level 1 Certificate Program with a 2.0 cumulative GPA
AAS Fire Administration
- All applicants must be able to complete the AAS Program with a 2.0 cumulative GPA
Application to the Odessa College Fire Academy program is competitive.
Applications will be accepted at any time during the year. However, if the application is more than 90 days old before the desired program entry date, student must contact the Fire Technology department and update all relevant information. All active applications on file will be reviewed and letters of acceptance will be issued prior to the beginning of class. All documentation necessary for program admission must be submitted to the Fire Technology department before an applicant can be accepted.