Registrar's FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click a question below to see a response.
- How do I find out what will transfer to another college or
- When can I register?
- Where do I go to register?
- When and where do I get my books?
- Are there classes on Labor Day?
- What happens if I don’t pay my bill?
- I live outside of Odessa and I need to pay my
bill, what do I do?
- I need to drop a class, what do I do?
- How do I get a transcript?
1. How do I find out what will transfer to another college or university?
If you are transferring to another college or university in the state of Texas, you
can go to www.tccns.org to find out how your OC credits compare with courses taken at other Texas schools. Use the matrix available at that site to
pull up side-by-side comparisons of courses offered at each school. You
can also talk to your advisor at Odessa College if you have any questions.
If you are transferring to a school outside the state of Texas, we
recommend that you speak to an advisor at that institution.
2. When can I register?
Consult the calendar in the schedule of classes for information on when
you can register, when payments are due and when classes begin here.
3. Where do I go to register?
Go to the Student Union Building on the OC campus, or use the web
system at http://webadvisor.odessa.edu/.
4. When and where do I get my books?
You may purchase your books in the bookstore on the ground floor of the
Student Union Building after you have registered. Information on the
bookstore is available at www.odessacollegebookstore.com.
5. Are there classes on Labor Day?
No. The College will be closed, and no classes will be held on the Labor
6. What happens if I don’t pay my bill?
If you don't pay your bill, your schedule will be dropped.
7. I live outside of Odessa and I need to pay my
bill, what do I do?
Contact the cashier’s office at 432-335-6419. You may pay with a credit
card over the phone if you wish. You may also pay using the online
system at http://webadvisor.odessa.edu.
8. I need to drop a class, what do I do?
You may drop a class or change your schedule during your registration
day, or during the first five days of a Fall or Spring semester. The easiest
way to change your schedule is using the web system at http://webadvisor.odessa.edu.
There is a $5.00 fee for changing your schedule.
Please Note: A student may not process a complete withdrawal from all OC classes online. To completely withdraw from from a semester, the student must obtain a withdrawal form from the Registrar's Office and follow appropriate checkout procedures.
9. How do I get a transcript?
Go to the Transcripts link at the top left of this page and use eitherthe online form, or print, complete and mail the .pdf form to the Office of the Registrar. You may alsorequest a transcript using the web system at http://webadvisor.odessa.edu.