Welcome to the Student Government Association
DO YOU WANT YOUR VOICE HEARD?
- CAMPUS ISSUES?
- CLASSROOM ISSUES?
- CAMPUS ACTIVITIES?
Then the answer to your question is in joining SGA!!!
As a member of SGA you will:
- Develop your leadership skills
- Get involved on campus and in your community
- Learn about how our government works
- Great networking across the state
- Trips to convention and Region meetings
- Represent the student body in all matters to the Board of Regents, the administration and the faculty, and to develop student programming to enhance the learning atmosphere.
Below are the qualifications for becoming a member of SGA from the constitution.
Section 1. - Qualifications
The OCSGA - STUDENT SENATE shall be composed of Officers and Senators from the Odessa College student body. Qualifications for the said constituents are as follows:
- A. Tuition, fees, and other outstanding debts to the College must be paid.
- B. Every Officer, Senator, and candidate for election must complete an application of membership, and have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA ) at the time of application entry.
- i. Grades will be audited at the end of each semester.
- ii. Should an Officer or Senator earn less than a 2.0 GPA, he/she shall be declared ineligible, though the said student may be actively involved, but shall be a non-voting Senator.
- iii. However, the ineligible student shall be given an opportunity to raise their GPA, and if it is raised to at least the satisfactory requirement for membership (2.0), he/she may be reinstated by the OCSGA STUDENT SENATE as an active, voting Senator.
- C. Senators and candidates (for Office) must be enrolled in no less than 6 (six) semester credit hours during the semester they serve in the OCSGA STUDENT SENATE.
- D. Officers shall be elected by the student body if the office is contested.
- E. The OCSGA . STUDENT SENATE is to consist of one representative from every on campus organization, as well as Odessa College Students at large.
- 1.Odessa College students shall be sworn in as a senator after the completion of:
- a. attending 3 OCSGA consecutive meetings
- b. after the completion of 1 OCSGA sponsored event.