The SSC offers study skills workshops and individualized
training which are essential to becoming a successful
college student. All Center tutors are certified by the
College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) to teach
study skills. Study Skills Workshops are offered every
Click here for the Spring 2013 schedule.
Missed the Workshop? Click here to view a list of
Video Recordings of each
Study Skills Handbook
- A Study Skills Handbook is offered
through Smarthinking under Academic
Resources; CLICK HERE for login instructions.
- Study Skills assistance is offered in the Student
Success Center throughout the fall and spring semesters.
Individualized Training Opportunities
- Students may obtain assistance with study skills training from a Center tutor by appointment.
- Study skills tutoring sessions offer students an opportunity to receive personalized study skills training based on their respective learning styles and needs.
- Completely online tutoring is available to online OC students through the Portal.
- Click here for more
How to Seek Training
Students may schedule a study skills tutoring
appointment by calling 432-335-6878 or by making the
appointment in person at the Center. Assistance is open
to all OC students, and no appointment or reservation is