Imagine More at Odessa College:
- Odessa College is an Aspen Prize Top 10 Community College. #AspenPrize
- 5,578 students enrolled in career, technology, workforce & transfer programs – this represents a 20% increase in enrollment over the past 10 years.
- 7,472 students enrolled in lifelong learning and enrichment annually
- 120+ Associate and Certificate Degree Programs • 93% of OC students completed the course they started in the Fall of 2015
- 1,106 (AY 2014-15) Associate and Certificate Degrees Awarded – the number of students receiving degrees and certificates has doubled since 2007
- 98% of Graduates would recommend OC to their friends
- 8 Student Athlete Academic All Americans – student athletes achieving at least a 3.30 cumulative GPA, who start more than 50 percent of all games and make significant contributions to the team
- MIDLAND REPORTER-TELEGRAM: Diviners #1 stage production of the year
- ADN (Associate Degree Nursing) Pass Rate is 93.75%
- PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant) Pass Rate is 100%
- Fire Technology Pass Rate is 100%
- 88% of OC employees donate to the student success scholarship campaign
- $8 million in scholarships, state and federal aid awarded to students
- 444 full and part-time employees annually
State and National Rankings, Recognition & Achievement
ODESSA (September 13, 2016) – Odessa College was named as one of just 10 national finalists for the 2017 Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, an award which is recognized among American institutions of higher education as the most prestigious and elevated affirmation of high achievement and exemplary performance that a community college can receive. More: http://www.odessa.edu/AspenPrizeTop10/index.html
OC is proud to have been designated an Achieving the Dream Leader College in 2013. This accomplishment recognizes Odessa College as being in the top 7% of all community colleges nationwide for improving student success and eliminating achievement gaps.
In 2013, OC was invited to join Texas Completes – an elite group of eight community colleges in Texas that share a common vision for deep student success reform. The cadre of colleges educates 43% of the state’s community college students and is committed to accelerating existing reform efforts, creating a center of gravity for innovation, and helping more students find their way and stay on track through college – ultimately turning the tide on the achievement gap.
OC was one of four colleges in the state of Texas to receive the first round of funding to support the development of a Career and Technical Education Early College High School. The funding is designed to help local education leaders plan and launch new opportunities for students to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and a postsecondary credential that prepares them to enter high skill, high demand workforce fields.
OC received the prestigious Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Award of Excellence in recognition of the advances the college is making in improving student success through its Drop Rate Improvement Program (DRIP).
Accreditations, Certifications & Articulation
OC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate degrees.
OC’s offerings are approved by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
For those who wish to continue their education beyond an associate’s degree, OC has more than 50 articulation/transfer agreements with colleges across the country.